Tuesday, January 18, 2005

My first blog

Hi.

I set up this blog while I was home for Christmas break, which was almost a month ago now. When I didn't post anything then, I thought I'd post something on New Year's Day. You know, New Year, New Blog. But that didn't happen either. Partly because I was hungover and partly because I couldn't think of anything to say.

So I figured, what the hell. I'll write something now when it's not particularly important whether I write or not. Plus, I'm awake now with not much else to do. I just finished writing a paper that shouldn't have been a huge deal but was for some reason (may have had something to do with the fact that I still haven't finished reading the material it's supposed to be based on). To congratulate myself I'm drinking Jim Beam. I don't really have anything else to do right now (at least, nothing that positively can't wait), I'm not going to bed until I've finished my drink, and I've been wanting to start this blog for a while so... here it is!

I'm not sure what this blog will be yet. I heard some people talking about blogs the other day. One of them was dismissing the "online journal" type of blog, where people write whatever pops into their heads. Hmm. So far mine looks a little like that. Maybe I should make my blog about law school? It's already in the title (and, hell, partly in my fake blog name). But would this imply that my life is all about law school? Then again, is that really so far from the truth?

All right, I'll spare you too much more of my bourbon-soaked early-morning ramblings. For now, I'll leave you with this. I will probably write a lot about law school, mostly because when you're in law school, it does kind of tend to swallow up your life a little bit. I'll also write about random things that trouble me or occur to me to say, some of which may actually be non-law related. My promise to you is that I won't write anything that I don't find hilariously clever. Or, okay, anything that isn't at least mildly amusing or that otherwise appeals to me. I promise that doesn't mean "anything." Oh, and I don't make very many grammar mistakes. I hate reading stuff with grammatical errors.

Cheers. Thanks for stopping by.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home