Wednesday, March 09, 2005

One down, three to go

Ahhh, exam time.

My classmates and I shuffle through the God-forsaken halls like zombies, hopped up on more caffeine and nicotine than ought to be legally available. Eyes glazed over, we accept the fact that indecipherable grunts and lazily gaping jaws pass for communication among normally talkative and intelligent people. In a scene invoking a voracious class-name-dropping orgy of a hazing ritual, questioning eyes are met with single phrases, the battle scars of the world-weary: "Immigration law." "Bankruptcy." "Criminal procedure."

My battle scar du jour is Federal Jurisdiction, purportedly the most difficult class in law school. This common denomination is likely correct: I realized after the exam that, in spite of the fact that tomorrow I face an eight-hour take-home, and Saturday I face a class for which I have neither read the assignments nor taken notes, this was the exam I was dreading the most. Four exams in the space of five days is a frightening enough prospect in and of itself, but this, I now realize, was what was really getting to me.

I think I did alright. I got a little behind in the first part of the exam, likely because I walked into the exam halfway in a daze, still needing to review a good third of the course before I felt fully prepared, but overall I think I did... not half bad.

And in these precious few hours between exams, that makes me invincible. Best enjoy it while it lasts.

3 Comments:

At March 9, 2005 at 7:47 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Civ Pro really does suck. Good luck on the rest!

 
At March 10, 2005 at 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you did fine. From reading your journal and listening to you around school, you're obviously smart, and I'm guessing your also doing pretty well in purely numerical terms (query whether smartness causes good exam performance, is correlated, or neither).

Goodluck!

 
At March 10, 2005 at 6:22 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Thanks, guys!

Now I'm curious who's managed to breach my veil of quasi-anonymity... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home