Saturday, February 05, 2005

I just have to share...

I went out with my gorgeous Salvadoran friend last night and we got deliriously drunk (two bottles of wine between the two of us. No joke). As we're leaving the bar, some random guy starts pestering us. My friend, being gorgeous and Salvadoran, is more adept at ignoring people like this -- I'm okay at it but I slip up from time to time. So after about five "excuse me, ladies"'s I sort of give him a sideways glance to marginally acknowledge his existence.

Me: "Yeah?"

My friend is already giving me a look and surely thinking "you idiot! Now he'll follow us home!"

Guy: "What have you been eating?"

I'm confused. Does my breath smell funny, and can he tell from where he's standing?

Guy: "... because you have a *great* body."

I almost audibly groan. Fortunately, my friend, though she should be as drunk as I am, somehow has the presence of mind to open the door and push me through it while calling over her shoulder:

"Each other!"

That's the perfect response to a pickup line that stupid. I love my clever gorgeous friend.

1 Comments:

At February 8, 2005 at 7:57 AM, Blogger Micah said...

That's classic. Great comeback.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home