Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Planet of the Chimps

Why bother outlining when there are stories like this to read about?

I always thought the idea of a pet monkey was fun. They look so cute and cuddly in the zoo, and on Friends, Ross' pet monkey Marcell (sp?) seemed nice. But apparently chimps are mean little bastards. Not to criticize a grieving person, but I don't get the whole trying-to-reason-with-deranged-primates thing. But, hey, I'm anthropocentric (not to be confused with androcentric).

In light of this, exams don't seem so awful.

2 Comments:

At March 9, 2005 at 7:49 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Well, chimps were the original carriers of the rage virus (but I blame the actual outbreak on those animal rights wackos). Yeah, I watched 28 Day Later today.

Speaking of nuts, that's what that lady in the story is. Trying to reason with an animal?

 
At March 10, 2005 at 6:26 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

I loved that movie. It scared me shitless. The producers owe me a good 50 hours of sleep, I'd say. Shaun of the Dead was also very good.

The reasoning with the chimp thing is now making me think of the Planet of the Apes musical Troy McClure did back in the good ol' days when Phil Hartman was still with us...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home