Friday, March 17, 2006

Does this creep out anyone else?

Gmail reads my email. I get that this is the only way it has the handy wonderful search function, but somehow when I'm using it to search through my emails it just doesn't seem bad. What's creepy is when I'm having an email exchange with friends and suddenly ads pop up on the sidebars that relate *directly* to what we're talking about. Wrong on just so many levels.

Of course, Micah's been onto the Google empire's plans to take over the world for a while.

4 Comments:

At March 17, 2006 at 2:21 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Google's already overtly playing the Big Brother role over in Red China. It's just a little subtler over here.

And you really should close the drapes in your apartment.

 
At March 17, 2006 at 11:34 PM, Blogger Roonie said...

And now the courts want Google to turn over its search records for as little as a week and up to a month! Just imagine...Google is awesome but beginning to a-freaka me out-a.

 
At March 18, 2006 at 11:23 AM, Blogger lakhawk said...

Maybe it wouldn't be so disturbing if your friends didn't talk about things like "trusses" and "erection manpower" in their e-mails. (Construction terms, I swear)

 
At March 18, 2006 at 9:27 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

micah -- done. Shiver.

roonie -- I wonder when we'll start voting via google. It can't be too far off.

lak -- yeah... my friends are so weird ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home