Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I guess I'll blog about American Idol...

...since I've had some serious writer's block this week. Also I have a different perspective on it than most Idol bloggers, since I haven't been watching the show. I usually only watch the first couple of weeks, where no-talents have their hopes, dreams, and egos crushed before a millions-strong television audience. Awwww yeah.

But I was bored last night and the TV was set to Fox, so I gave it a watch, and here's my take. I'm not going to bother with all of the contestants, because, let's face it, people with only a passing interest in AI (like myself) only care about like four or five contestants.

I also have to remark that I lurve Stevie Wonder. The shots of him with the contestants were reminiscent of one of my favorite episodes of The Cosby Show. You guys know the one. I wish I was a Huxtable.

Ace -- eh. Boring. And you'll never find me complaining about a pretty male face on TV, but I have to ask: is he really all that good-looking? *Really*? I'm just not seeing it.

Kellie -- I thought she was awesome in the audition but after last night I really don't see why she's so great. She does that annoying pallette-singing thing that only country singers do, and I FUCKING HATE country music. The country-girl thing is also a little annoying. And, no, Kellie, arachnaphobia isn't fear of bugs, it's fear of spiders. That's why Ryan brought it up when you said your fake eyelashes looked like tarantulas. And, yes, we all knew they weren't real tarantulas.

Mandisa -- great singer, and I just have to love her for being fat. Yes, I'll say it: she's fat. She's also adorable. She proves you don't have to be stick-thin to be attractive. And I just love her attitude.

Kevin -- wtf?? Um. He can't sing, he has a freaking LISP, and he brings back PAINFUL PAINFUL memories of awkward junior high life. Why is he still here??

Taylor -- is he really only 29? Really?

Paris -- I just love this girl. She better make the top two. She is just plain amazing, and so darn cute.

Chris -- my money's on him for the winner. He's got the talent, the personality, and he's even vaguely good-looking (any white guy who can do the bald thing gets extra points in my book).

And there's my in-depth commentary. Please God, let them kick Kevin off.

I was going to blog from my brand-new BlackBerry (I finally caved), but DAMN that thing is slow. Convenient for email and stuff, but thank goodness I have a working computer.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At March 16, 2006 at 7:44 AM, Blogger Micah said...

Jammin' on the one.

 
At March 16, 2006 at 9:16 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

**ROBERT**

 
At March 16, 2006 at 11:05 AM, Blogger Micah said...

(the sound a giraffe makes)

 
At March 16, 2006 at 12:45 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Laaaaa

 
At March 16, 2006 at 1:32 PM, Blogger Micah said...

And we could go on and on. That is probably one of the best episodes of "The Cosby Show." Shame it had to go downhill (I blame the addition of Olivia because Rudy wasn't "cute" anymore).

I actually saw Phylicia Rashad in concert when she performed with a Washington DC military band in late 2000/early 2001 (I forget exactly). Not a bad show. She's still one of my favorite TV Moms.

 
At March 16, 2006 at 1:46 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Claire Huxtable is my hero.

Even though Olivia's more famous now, Rudy's actually the cuter one all grown up.

 
At March 16, 2006 at 1:57 PM, Blogger Micah said...

That's sooooo Raven.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home