Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Law as Life, Part Six

In all, my firm seems pretty chill so far. I blog from work, I email friends from work, I make personal phone calls from work, I even have AIM downloaded onto my work computer. And I'm not fired yet!

But apparently, my firm has drawn a line in the sand. And that line is standing between me and a cute little bunny named Toby.

Why would my firm want to keep me from joining in the fight to save Toby? Here's the only answer my computer gives:

Access to this web page is restricted at this time.
Reason:
The Websense category "Phishing and Other Frauds" is filtered.

URL:
http://www.savetoby.com/

My firm thinks Toby's owners/captors are frauds! Could it be that they've caught onto the facetious nature of the site and in the humorless world of legal rumination *any* sort of dishonesty is lumped into one and the same category? If so, mightn't insincerity on the stand qualify as perjurous? And isn't all humor, at its base, somewhat insincere? This is a slippery slope, my friends, and I think we all know where it leads.

Sheesh. I bet it'd be easier for me to look for Playboy bunnies than endangered bunnies.

3 Comments:

At March 1, 2006 at 8:45 PM, Blogger Avid Diva said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At March 10, 2006 at 5:09 PM, Blogger Roonie said...

How funny! That happens to me at Panera when I try to read certain people's blogs. I find that amusing.

 
At March 10, 2006 at 8:36 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

I mean, it's just such a random thing to block!

Thank goodness they don't block i-am-bored, though! That could make for some looooooong afternoons...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home