Friday, December 01, 2006

Gah

This will probably make me sound like a broken record, but this is still really bothering me.

Why won't people just take some damned responsibility for what they say? Look, Michael, if you say "it wasn't racist, I was just mad," you're making excuses. You're essentially saying, "look, what I did wasn't that bad."

It was that bad, Michael. And I hope that the men you insulted with your hate speech take you to task for it. Own the fuck up. Admit that what you did was wrong, that it means you have a problem, and for the love of God, start working on your problem.

I am so sick of people pretending that they're "apologizing" when their apology consists of saying "I wasn't really wrong, but I'm sorry you took it the wrong way." That's not an apology. That's another insult.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At December 1, 2006 at 5:14 PM, Blogger Butterflyfish said...

"I wasn't really wrong, but I'm sorry you took it the wrong way." That's not an apology. That's another insult.

AMEN!!!!!!

 
At December 1, 2006 at 6:34 PM, Blogger Hully said...

Yup, sums it up quite nicely.

 
At December 1, 2006 at 9:06 PM, Blogger annika said...

I was totally thinking the same thing today. I thought, what a surprise it would be, the next time some celebrity pulls this crap, for them to say "I said what I said because I'm a racist and now I'm going to go get help to stop being a racist."

 
At December 4, 2006 at 10:02 PM, Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

How reminiscent of that other incident with that guy, Gibson, I think his name was. You know, he co-starred with Danny Glover in several movies. Yeah, I'm sure it was Gibson. Milt Gibson? Mac Gibson. Oh, who cares? He's not around anymore anyway.

He had some lame-assed excuse for his bigotry, too. And we didn't buy it then, either.

 
At December 5, 2006 at 3:54 PM, Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

When the Seinfeld dvds come out (can they come out now?) they'll have to put a disclaimer on the packaging.

Warning: May contain graphic images of an n-word saying, back-pedaling D-list actor. Jerry Seinfeld does not and has never endorsed said usage of the n-word and believes in the rights of black people, even though there were almost zero black folks on the show during it's entire run.

 
At December 6, 2006 at 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so right, though. Don't try to make it look like you weren't in the wrong. YOU WERE! It was assholey of you to say! ADMIT IT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home