Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Teh video games is destroying are kids!!!11!!one!!

Lulz. Apparently only boys play GTA4, and apparently Rockstar is more effective at military training than the government. I think the solution to our problem is obvious: draft those little hoodlums and put 'em to work killin' Iraqis!! I mean, duh.

Okay, for reals, the game can actually be totally socially responsible. For example, the game discourages drunk driving, because it's so freaking impossible to drive when your character's drunk. Observe.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At June 25, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Blogger The Law said...

Video games are bad for your ego, not your moral compass.

Getting my arse handed to me daily by 12 year olds who are much better than me at EVERY BLOODY GAME ON THE 360 makes me less of a man. Official.

Seriously though... it makes you wonder how we ever managed World Wars 1, 2, Vietnam etc without the help of Sega.

 
At July 1, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't remember who wrote it, but recently some article I read posted a real interesting question.

Play Grand Theft Auto IV for 24 hours straight. Do you really think your urge to steal a car will be that much greater?

Of course it won't. The reason such games are so much fun, is that we recognize the moral compass doesn't apply.

Pure escapism!

 
At November 4, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Hey Lawfairy...I am missing your thoughts on this election day. I think you and I are on different sides of the politcal fence, but you are always so well-reasoned.

 
At November 12, 2008 at 3:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home