Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Oh, Los Angeles

Or maybe it's Starbucks I should be blaming. Or probably a combination of the two.

Anyway, every time I order a drink, at least one thing gets screwed up. I ask for nonfat milk, they give me 2%. I ask for two shots, they give me one. I ask for flavoring, they don't give me anything. Most recently, I asked for whipped cream and got a naked drink.

Now, look. Okay. I "get" that when someone asks for nonfat milk in her drink it's a somewhat reasonable assumption that she's doing it because she wants to watch her calories or something. The problem is, this isn't really true for me. I mean, I watch my calories and factor them into my decisions about what to eat each day, but my choice of nonfat milk for my lattes has much more to do with the fact that I've been drinking skim milk for over a decade now, and anything else tastes like pure cream to me. 2% milk in a latte makes me feel like I am drinking a dessert.

So when I ask for whipped cream, it's because I want whipped cream on my drink (on it, not in it), not because I'm actually so stupid that I don't understand that putting fatty, high-calorie whipped cream on my drink will more than make up for any calories saved by foregoing the 2%. But, this being LA and all, and me being healthy instead of skelatal and all, how could I possibly care about anything besides calories? A fatass like me really ought to watch what she puts in her body. I mean.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 12, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Blogger Gino said...

The only time I go to starbucks is when i'm out with a buddy.
he orders this complicated concoction and when i just say 'black', they look at me funny.

maybe it confuses them?

 
At March 18, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

I'm sure many things confuse them.

 
At May 20, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Blogger Junia said...

OMG---I do the same think. I can't handle the mouth feel of even 2% milk, but I love whipped cream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home