Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Ahhhhh!

Taxes are finally done. I managed to remember to buy a new printer cartridge after class today, so I was able to print out everything I needed. Of course, then I put everything in envelopes and sealed and stamped them, after which I remembered that I hadn't made copies of anything (maybe the copies thing isn't a big deal to some people, but my very smart mom made sure to drill into our heads that having a copy of everything in writing was the best way to keep yourself from getting screwed over. Man, was this lawyer thing in the cards or what?). So I'll just send it in without copies. Hopefully this won't spell the doom of me.

Is there an award for the most retarded tax calculation method? Because I nominate California's system. I mean, just. What?

1 Comments:

At April 14, 2005 at 8:17 AM, Blogger Micah said...

I'm pretty anal about making copies, too. A few days ago I tore apart my house looking for a copy of my 2003 returns (despite the fact that I actually needed a copy of 2004's - what a dumbass) and then it hit me: I e-filed last year.

Bet your law school doesn't have this: a required Federal Personal Income Tax course. We had it, despite the fact that it's not on the bar. Because of that and my general opposition to unnecessary taxes, I went into that class with a bad attitude. The professor's a great guy, but also a former prosecutor for the IRS, so he was of a very different mindset than me. That class was hell. You go to law school to escape numbers. At least I did. Basically, that class was a way for our school to advertise its Taxation LLM program. Ugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home