Tuesday, May 16, 2006

See, he should've gone to H&R Block.

Apparently cavorting naked on a desert island is not Richard Hatch's only odd proclivity. Looks like he also doesn't bother keeping track of his own million-dollar winnings. Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to think a TV show will pay your taxes for you? If they did that, they'd advertise that you win $1.75 million or whatever ridiculous amount you'd have to win to actually get a million after taxes. A TV show is not going to downplay its own prizes -- hello!

And either he is a liar, like the judge says (probably), or he has the stupidest accountants this side of the Mississippi border (or Arkansas, take your pick). "Gee, my client is a famous game show contestant who won a million bucks. I think I'll forget to ask him about it while I'm preparing his tax return."

Riiiight...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 16, 2006 at 2:20 PM, Blogger DarthImmortal said...

I also find it amusing that he is already broke. If you pay the back taxes and fines they will not put you in jail so he must be broke. How do you spend a million bucks so fast? I would make that money last my entire life.

 
At May 16, 2006 at 3:52 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Here is the funny thing -- I almost responded saying he would've only gotten about half that thanks to taxes, except OH WAIT HE DIDN'T PAY HIS TAXES hahahahaha.

Seriously, if I had a million bucks tax-free I'd buy myself a nice fancy house and use the leftover moolah to furnish it. Even in freakin' LOS ANGELES that would be some serious spreading around money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home