Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Water, water, everywhere...

My latest goal is to drink more water. I've heard that you're supposed to have a glass of water for every cup of tea or coffee you drink -- I've never really followed this rule. I've also heard that drinking water helps with weight loss. Randomly, I heard that chugging cold water is particularly helpful and even burns a bunch of calories, or something. I have found that chugging cold water makes me feel full, so that is probably helpful (rather feel full with no-calorie water than calorie-full food).

So this week I am making a conscious effort to drink more water. Yesterday every time I got up I made a point of bringing back a tall cup of water to my desk. All that water led to lots of getting up to haul myself to the ladies' room. I don't want to think about what the guy whose office is next to mine thinks.

Oh well. Just flushing out the impurities right? If a few extra bathroom breaks are all that stand between me and fitting into my size 4 skirt again... I think I can handle it.

8 Comments:

At June 21, 2006 at 6:26 PM, Blogger Avid Diva said...

Super cold water supposedly burns calories while your body heats it up to body temperature.

And even w/o the skirt, you are a hot mamacita! ;)

Hrm...perhaps ESPECIALLY w/o the skirt...? O:)

 
At June 22, 2006 at 10:11 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

I guess that makes some sense -- but then I always feel freezing so I think it has temparature issues already :P

Tee hee -- you flirt! ;)

 
At June 23, 2006 at 6:52 AM, Blogger DarthImmortal said...

After gazing into my crystal ball I definitely see you in a size 4 again. WOW! you look very hot too! I love this crystal ball thingy. :)

 
At June 23, 2006 at 9:24 PM, Blogger Cop the Truth said...

As hot as it has been in LA this week, that's a good idea!

 
At June 26, 2006 at 12:08 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

darth, I sure hope your crystal ball is working right!

cop, seriously. Since when is LA humid??

 
At June 27, 2006 at 6:55 PM, Blogger annika said...

drinking lots of water seems to be one of the few good things in life that is not a trade-off. it's all good.

 
At July 3, 2006 at 4:45 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

The water temperature thing is a myth. But water is definitely good for you... I find it helps at the office to fill a 32-ounce nalgene bottle and just fill up my drinking glass from the bottle at my desk. Less trips that way. Course now when I don't drink 2 bottles full of water, I feel like crap the next day... water addiction?

 
At July 6, 2006 at 1:16 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

OH MY GOD Sadie, that's exactly what happened to me this weekend... and now I am sick :(

AMAZING how quickly your system gets used to drowning itself in H2O.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home