Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Go California!!

My awesome state has defeated a retarded measure that would have taxed only rich people (including rich singles) to send other people's kids to preschool. Good for California. I am so proud of my kickass state.

In other happy news, the Senate has opted, for now, not to write the first Constitutional Amendment that carves out an arbitrary group of people for targeted discrimination. My memory is a little foggy, what with discovery disputes and such to worry about these days, but if I recall correctly, the only other amendment to ever deny rights to the people, rather than guarantee them, was such a massive failure that it was promptly undone with, yes, another amendment. What a pathetic waste of money and textbook space that mistake was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home