Friday, May 26, 2006

If I'm ever convicted of a crime, I'm quitting calcium

Apparently being short is a sufficiently mitigating circumstance to turn 10 years' jail time into 10 year's probation. So says a Nebraska judge, anyway.

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around this one. Surely this guy can't be the first short dude in Nebraska's history to be sent to prison?? I've been to Nebraska, and I've never noticed its people to be particularly tall. Is it because pedophiles get harsher treatment in prison? I mean, if so, my reaction is, too damn bad. You sexually assault a little kid, you deserve whatever comes at you, short, tall, or whatever. If you're really so extremely lenient as to actually care about the human scum, then put him in solitary confinement. But probation? Probation??

He had sex with a 12-year-old girl!!! He should fucking be in prison!!!!!

Our country is so screwed up.

3 Comments:

At May 26, 2006 at 12:10 PM, Blogger Michele said...

This is insane. I am flabbergasted.

 
At May 27, 2006 at 8:17 AM, Blogger Micah said...

I heard that Herve Villechaize once killed a guy in a bar fight, but got off scott free.

(Seriously, this is screwed up.)

 
At May 30, 2006 at 3:05 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

missy -- flabbergasted is a REALLY good word for it.

micah -- well, the other guy probably had it coming. He may have been a member of the underground Nerd Fight Club, which I wish was a joke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home