Thursday, July 06, 2006

Why I'll never be taken seriously as a blogger

Evan Schaeffer has a really interesting post about some snooty law professor (at the noble Florida Coastal Law School, no less) who thinks law student bloggers are irrelevant and immature. See, what I should be doing at this point is reading on and working out an argument in my head about how typical and arrogant her attitude is, thinking that the only things that matter about law school are what person X (here, her) says they are.

And yet, instead, I just can't help thinking about my favorite version of Copa Cabana.

We'll move the law school, law school to Florida
The hottest spot south of Chicago!
We'll move the law school to sunny Florida
Palm trees and beaches, who cares if they teach us at the law school....... IN FLORIDA!!

That would have been the most fucked-up merger in history, 'sall I'm sayin'.

4 Comments:

At July 6, 2006 at 10:44 PM, Blogger Avid Diva said...

I miss the Musical already.

 
At July 7, 2006 at 11:04 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Sigh... me too...

:(

I'm *so jealous* you guys got to do Napoleon. So freakin' jealous. GOSH!

 
At July 14, 2006 at 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I missing something? Whatever it is, it sounds like something I wouldn't wanna miss.

 
At July 14, 2006 at 11:42 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Law school musical, Roonie -- did your school have one? It was seriously probably my very favorite thing about law school. The one I reference in the post was the musical my 1L year. It was a spoof of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, with two law students travelling back in time to bring some of the law school's big deal people/etc. to convince the administration not to merge with Florida Coastal Law School. The evil dean of students (the dean we had at that time was not in fact evil) was secretly in love with Dan Marino and wanted to move the school to Florida to be with him. The quoted paragraph is from a song she sang (with the help of an evil 3L) about moving the law school to Florida, to the tune of Copa Cabana :)

Man, I miss the musical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home