Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Perhaps there is creativity to me yet...

Last night I had the oddest dream. I recall a large number of disjointed images and occurrences, but the one that stands out the most is this: I walked into a room where a young man was the center of attention. I want to say his name was Tyle (you think that's weird; a girl in the dream was named Kamanthy. God save my poor future children!). Tyle was holding some strange-looking jelly-retainer-type thing. He announced that he had been re-dentured. What, you ask, is re-denturing? Tyle explained it thus: the dentist removes all of the patient's teeth, and then re-implants them into the gums. Apparently this is supposed to have some sort of therapeutic effect. All I know is, I woke up terrified that my teeth were going to fall out.

The dream dictionary has this to say about teeth in dreams:

teeth - Falling out: Loss of control over certain aspects of one's life. Powerlessness, unable to influence things or the outcome of things important. Loss of self-esteem in a situation or a chronic problem.

I'm sure a psychiatrist would have a field day with this one.

6 Comments:

At November 16, 2005 at 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friends Tyle and Kamanthy are very offended that you insulted their names. They are getting together with their friends Hazel and Phinnaeus and Jermajesty to start a letter-writing campaign to boycott your blog! :o

;) BTW, though you give me a good run for the money, I still think I have the market cornered on weird names in dreams. I remind you of the [in]famous Evaido Lanza Gonzales Othoto.

 
At November 16, 2005 at 5:03 PM, Blogger JCA said...

I dreamed that my teeth fell out during bar review and found that same meaning. This must be bar related, all the way down to the listing of strange names.

 
At November 17, 2005 at 9:37 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

eve -- tell your friends to stay out of my head!! :) And I do hope poor Evaido didn't have his heart set on the whole law thing.

jca -- who knows! I often have dreams involving my teeth, sometimes with real pain. My guess is it's my TMJ acting up :p

 
At November 17, 2005 at 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had the teeth falling out dream, and it is the worst. In my dream, I can feel, with disgusting clarity, my teeth loosening. And, for some reason, I always choose to pull them out by hand.

I read that this dream signifies vanity. All I know is I wake up in a cold sweat, and then touch my teeth. All of them.

 
At November 17, 2005 at 1:02 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

I HATE the teeth-falling-out dreams. I always do the same thing when I wake up. Sometimes I even tug on them to make sure they're not loose. Those dreams freak me out!

 
At November 17, 2005 at 2:12 PM, Blogger Avid Diva said...

I always double check, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home