Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It's all about perspective

I remember one day when I was a teenager and I filled up at a local gas station. They were charging $1.75 for midgrade, which infuriated me. I couldn't believe gas could be so expensive.

Fast-forward seven years, and I was so excited about these gas prices that I took a picture:



Blogger is acting odd, so I'm not sure if the picture is displaying correctly. Anyway, the prices are $2.79 for regular, $2.87 for midgrade and $2.97 for premium. I couldn't believe my luck at finding such cheap gas (those of you not in Los Angeles may have better prices than this; I'm not sure -- but for me, this was exciting).

Crazy how a few years can change your point of view.

5 Comments:

At November 1, 2005 at 12:39 PM, Blogger Avid Diva said...

Oh man...I got gas just outside of Cincinnati for 2.29/gallon. Is that not UNHEARD OF?????

As an aside, I miss Chevron! :)

 
At November 1, 2005 at 12:59 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

::drools::

And Cincinnati even counts as a legitimate city, I think!

 
At November 1, 2005 at 5:16 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Columbus is also around $2.20ish. Guess there's a trade-off for moving out west.

 
At November 2, 2005 at 8:25 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Lucky!

 
At November 2, 2005 at 9:50 AM, Blogger Micah said...

$2.18 this morning. Jealous?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home