Friday, October 28, 2005

Like a lawyer... in court for the very first time!

I'm going to court today!

Since the stupid California Bar hasn't given us bar numbers yet -- or even bothered to tell us if we passed -- I don't get to do much more than sit around and watch the partner I work for argue a motion (one on which I did extensive work :)).

But still!

The only time I've been in a real court before was for a speeding ticket when I was nineteen. This is way more exciting, and there's no possibility of traffic school involved (in spite of the fact that I sped to work to try to get here on time -- only to find a voicemail saying we don't need to leave as early as we had discussed). Last summer, unfortunately none of the issues I worked on had anything in court while I was there, so I didn't get to do anything cool like this as a summer.

I'm so excited, I don't even care that I can't wear jeans on jeans Friday :)

4 Comments:

At October 29, 2005 at 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds so cool!!
Have fun!! :)

 
At October 29, 2005 at 7:31 AM, Blogger Micah said...

So, how'd it go?

 
At October 29, 2005 at 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep checking the bar website. They post your number there before they send it to you, for some inane reason.

 
At October 31, 2005 at 9:47 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Thanks, Eve!

micah -- It was long and the attorney sitting behind me annoyed the crap out of me. I was seriously ready to turn around and kick some ass.

Unfortunately, the judge COMPLETELY got the law wrong. Sigh. At least my partner and I knew we were right.

Thanks mythago -- although the important bar number I'm waiting for is my state bar number, the one that lets me actually call myself an "attorney." Which I still don't know if I'll get at this point :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home