Thursday, November 03, 2005

Strangers With Candy

I had no trick-or-treaters for Halloween. Not one :( After all my work carving a pumpkin and buying decorations and candy, no one even showed up.

So, rather than let the candy go to waste -- or, more frightening, go to MY waist -- I hauled my big orange candy bowl to work with me on Monday. It sits in my office, free for anyone to pick over.

The interesting thing I've noticed is that my supply is slowly dwindling, even though as yet I've only had two people actually stop by and take candy while I'm at work. Thus, people are taking my candy when I'm not around. Skittles seem to be particularly popular.

I don't mind people eating my candy; that's why I brought it here. But it makes me a little bit sad that they'd rather take it while I'm not around than stop in and say hi as they get their sugar fix. Really, I'm not that unbearable to be around.

Unrelated: I get a three-day weekend, hooray!

6 Comments:

At November 3, 2005 at 2:47 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Do you have BO or something?

 
At November 3, 2005 at 3:40 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

*sniff* *sniff*

Nope.

 
At November 3, 2005 at 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, LF, everybody knows that stolen fruits are the sweetest.

Casca

 
At November 3, 2005 at 7:57 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Hmmmm... you have a point, casca...

Perhaps my horrible personality isn't driving them away after all! Take that, suckers!

 
At November 5, 2005 at 11:53 AM, Blogger Saucy Lil' Tart said...

Maybe it's the house elves taking them, a la Harry Potter? Who knows. Just a wild guess. It's not like they called and told me or anything.

 
At November 7, 2005 at 10:00 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Hmmmm... there is a strange Dobby-looking creature I've noticed lurking around the elevator lobby...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home