Monday, November 14, 2005

Here's how cool my mom is...

I was talking to my mom last night and got to thinking about Friday's impending horror. Fortunately for me I'm visiting my folks for Thanksgiving (assuming, of course, that horrific United doesn't kick me off my flight to Colorado, which they are rather fond of doing), so whatever the outcome, I'll be surrounded by friendly faces and a comfortable environment. Also, it's much harder to commit suicide in your parents' house. Kidding! Sort of.

Anyway, I was thinking about this and said to my mom, "If it turns out I failed the Bar exam, it's going to be your job to keep me drunk the whole time I'm home so I don't feel the pain." Mom thought about it for a second, and then said, "okay -- or if you passed, it will be my job to keep you drunk so you can celebrate!"

She's already planning which bars we'll go to.

Hehe. Anyone who doesn't understand how I got to be me, just needs to meet my Mom.

5 Comments:

At November 15, 2005 at 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know that 7-7-7 Meme? OK, I'm adding one to my "list of things to do before I die":
8. Party with the Law Fairy and her Mom!!

 
At November 15, 2005 at 11:44 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Hooray! Mom and I look forward to it :)

 
At November 15, 2005 at 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On topic of women in the law:
Elite Universities and Women's Careers--Posner

*gasp*

 
At November 15, 2005 at 5:10 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Oh God.

I shouldn't have looked.

I... just... I'll stop. Gah!

(Interesting how even a "brilliant" legal economist like Posner makes no effort to answer the begged question -- what if we undervalue stay-at-home motherhood (and thus the attendant value added for women who choose to stay home)???)

Okay, it just slipped out. Believe me, there's tons more I'm holding back. :8

 
At November 19, 2006 at 10:46 AM, Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

Lucky you weren't raised by Pilgrims as I was.

If you and your mom let me come, I'll buy a round or three.

You said in a previous post that your mother really is your best friend, and I'm sure you're hers as well.

I'm also sure you passed the exam, so you'll be celebrating, not drowning your sorrows.

Go ye forth and get plastered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home