Thursday, May 05, 2005

Senioritis redux

I can't make myself do anything.

I have a paper due Tuesday morning that's supposed to be a response to a book I haven't cracked yet. Less than a week after that I have 20-page and 10-page papers due. I have 1-1/2 pages written for one. I don't even know the topic for the second.

And yet, as I sit here with a sizable chunk of time I could and should use on all this work, instead I am simultaneously watching The Simpsons, playing solitaire, obsessively checking my email and browsing pictures of adorable chihuahuas (I'm going to buy one. Actually, I'm going to buy two. Yup, I am buying two chihuahuas).

I have the entire weekend to get all this work done (minus time each night for various weekend outings, because what kind of a 3L would I be if I stayed in on the weekends?). And yet I know it somehow won't happen. I have the worst case of senioritis anyone has ever borne. The fact that if I don't finish these papers, I won't graduate, doesn't seem to be fazing me. I sit and I stare at my computer screen and nothing happens. Even though I'm one of those people who has always obsessed over grades and felt they were never good enough, I've actually reached the point of really not caring whether I completely bomb an exam, as long as I don't fail. Which, realistically speaking, I'm not going to. It really just doesn't happen. Thus, my utter lack of motivation of any sort. I know I'm not alone in my lethargy -- JCA just posted about her similar inability to focus.

On the plus side, I just broke my all-time record for fastest game of solitaire. Sweet.

2 Comments:

At May 7, 2005 at 5:51 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Dude, you've already got a job. All you need to do is graduate. Once you get out of school, no one cares about GPA. So slack away!

 
At May 9, 2005 at 6:25 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

I know... it's the "have to graduate" part that's starting to worry me. But, hey, I can churn out 35 passing pages' worth of material in a week, right? Right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home