Thursday, April 14, 2005

Like riding a bike

So this week I returned, after a lengthy absence, to pilates and yoga classes at my building's gym. I've been fairly good about getting back into exercising after making it a sort of quasi-New Year's Resolution of sorts. And this week I finally returned to the group classes, which I actually find much more enjoyable/bearable than other forms of exercise.

By way of background, since slacking on my yoga/pilates discipline I've felt far less in shape than when I was doing both regularly. I've felt like my posture, balance and flexibility have all suffered. Yet somehow in classes this week it was almost as though I'd never left. I can't quite stretch or bend as far as I used to, but I had no trouble doing most of the exercises. Almost as though my muscles had somehow maintained their fitness in spite of the fact that I was doing absolutely nothing to maintain them. It struck me as strange but, hey, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

The great thing is, that makes me even more motivated to keep going to classes. If I'm this good now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home