Thursday, January 19, 2006

A Seinfeld-y day

Apparently, I'm Jerry Seinfeld today.

This morning, I slept through my alarm. Straight through. Normally this would just be a minor setback, but this morning I had a scheduled meeting with my pilates instructor.

Whoops.

Since they have a twelve-hour cancellation policy, I got charged for the session even though I didn't show up. :P

When I got to work this morning, I learned that the firm is giving everyone a raise (the countrywide sweep is starting in Los Angeles this decade. Sweet!). Well, that will cover the pilates session nicely.

Hmm. Now that I think about it, this is more like throwing a twenty-dollar bill out the window, then having my friend remember that he owes me a thousand bucks.

I like my version better :) Sorry, Jerry.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At January 19, 2006 at 6:19 PM, Blogger Micah said...

That's gold, law fairy! Gold!

 
At January 19, 2006 at 10:54 PM, Blogger Avid Diva said...

NY NEEDS TO FOLLOW SUIT!!!!!!!!

You guys already get stipends. "This is SO NOT FAIR! (Magic word, magic word!)"

 
At January 20, 2006 at 9:43 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

I'm totally crossing my fingers for NY (and Chicago and Boston too!). I know my firm raised salaries for all of our offices, including NY, so there's at least some pressure on the other NY firms :)

Yay salary wars!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home