Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Ho hum.

My stats are miserably low -- my fault in large part, since I just took a vacation from pretty much everything, including my blog (though not, to my family's certain relief, from bathing and basic hygiene).

Christmas (which we celebrate) was nice. Mom practically runs my parents' church, so I got to spend a lot of time there over the weekend (it was either that, or stay at home keeping an eye on Grandma). Grandma flew out this year for Christmas -- Granddad died a few months ago and Dad didn't want her to be alone for the holidays. I'm glad she stayed with us, but it really puts in perspective how trying old people can be. Particularly when their kids fuss over them. One of the things I love about being home is that I'm around people and activity, but I'm free to claim my own space and do my own thing when I want alone time. Grandma isn't such a huge fan of the peace and quiet. I seriously couldn't even read the paper without having to answer a question. So while this trip was fun, it wasn't as relaxing as my visits home normally are.

I still don't know what I'm doing for New Years'. Some friends had talked about Vegas -- and it looks like they're going, but it's not going to be the huge crazy group thing we'd all originally thought. So I'm not sure if it will be worth the ten-hour (composite) drive to go. A friend of mine might visit me, which would be fun -- but when it comes down to it, I'd much prefer to hear from [guy I've been dating for a few weeks].

Jeez. I swear to God a teenager hasn't taken over my blog and converted it into a LJ diary.

Ahem.

My yoga instructor called me a chicken today because I can't kick my legs up high enough to do a handstand without his help yet. Dammit. I hate when he's right.

The upshot of this is that I actually got up early enough to go to yoga this morning. It was a really nice class, since there were only about seven people there. Least crowded I've ever seen it (which is really saying something for a 5:15 AM class). Of course, starting next week the gym is just going to be CRAWLING with people. Last year I mostly missed the infestation of Resolution-gymmers, but this year I'm already going pretty regularly. I can already sense it's going to be ugly. Which *really* sucks, because people who don't go to the gym regularly also have no clue what they're doing. Hopefully they'll crash and burn quickly. Yeah, I'm a little evil sometimes.

In other news: for Christmas, I gave my secretary a gift card to Barnes and Noble, and she sent me an email telling me she was thankful I'm her boss. Which at first filled me with warm fuzzies, and then freaked me out a little, because I'm really just not old enough to be anyone's "boss." It's not that it made me feel old... maybe guilty is the right word? I guess I didn't take anyone's job, but still. Maybe it's that I'm not used to the respect having a law degree gets you -- lord knows I don't get it from my dad :)

Closing remark: Thanks and shout-out to lak for the gorgeous silky drawstring bag and goodies to go straight to my hips, and to Micah for the awesome Christmas mix CD (anyone who wants to buy me a belated Christmas gift or early birthday present will also receive a public thanking). Of course, now, thanks to you, Micah, I have "What are you doing New Years' Eve" stuck in my head, which is made all the more painful by the fact that I don't know!

1 Comments:

At January 8, 2006 at 9:28 AM, Blogger Micah said...

You're most welcome for the CD...and sorry for getting you antsy about New Year's. Hope it turned out okay*. I despise that particular holiday, but made the best of it with friends.

*Much as I LURVE Vegas, New Year's there might be a tad insane for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home