Friday, December 09, 2005

Open letter to bureaucrats

What more do you want from me? I emptied my savings account for you, I took your stupid little tests, I hounded old college professors and neighbors to vouch for my moral character, I passed your stupid bar exam, and I went to your little swearing-in ceremony to which I apparently could have sent any female I knew, since you weren't checking IDs or even checking to ensure that everyone there verbally swore to the oath.

So why haven't you listed me yet as an active attorney? Haven't I waited long enough? I just want a goddamn bar number! I mean, everything was completely, one hundred percent done on Tuesday.

It's never enough with these people.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At December 11, 2005 at 10:33 AM, Blogger JCA said...

Get this: our swear-in soiree isn't until Thursday afternoon. And my next round of bar applications (speaking of never enough!) is due at the court clerk's office on Friday. Even though I can hand-deliver it myself, no way will I be able to provide the required proof of my good standing in Other Jurisdictions within 24 hours.

 
At December 11, 2005 at 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JCA,
I'm sure you can just write in that the certificate is not available yet because you weren't sworn in to CA until x date.

 
At December 11, 2005 at 6:35 PM, Blogger JCA said...

That's the plan. But it lacks warm fuzzies.

 
At December 12, 2005 at 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the website says it takes 1-2 weeks after receiving your card to get your bar number.

 
At December 12, 2005 at 11:13 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

The whole bar process lacks warm fuzzies. I think they're trying to remind us we've lost our souls. "No warm fuzzies for you!"

anon -- NOOOOO!!! Dammit, I want a damn bar number! My friend Sarah got hers in less than a week after turning in her card. I'm checking the site for my name every few hours. I have waited long ENOUGH, dammit! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home