Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Biting the hand that feeds

While searching for the skip button on the obligatory sales lead-in on a recent visit to The Onion, I briefly noticed a Budweiser ad with a picture of a hand holding a red-colored drink in a martini glass. The hand is normal-sized except for the pinky, which is shrunk to (eyballing it) roughly a fifth of its regular size. The ad reads "Foo foo drinky means little pinky."

Boy, are they subtle or what.

What Budweiser doesn't realize is that it's insulted those of its customers who care at least a little bit that anyone around them doesn't hate their guts. I'll translate in case it's not obvious. Ready for it?







Big Dicks Drink Budweiser.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 28, 2005 at 6:21 PM, Blogger Micah said...

But real men drink scotch.

I'll stick with beverages that aren't pimped out on NASCARs.

 
At November 28, 2005 at 8:25 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Mmmmm scotch...

Though I'm more of a tequila gal, myself

 
At November 28, 2005 at 8:31 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Yuck. Never liked the taste of tequila. I've been meaning to condition myself to like certain drinks (tequila, gin, beer, red wine), but I always go back to the tried and true: scotch, rum, vodka, white wine, Zima.

Well, not the last one.

 
At November 29, 2005 at 7:32 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Thanks a lot. Now I can't stop thinking about Mike McDonald with red hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home