Saturday, December 03, 2005

Saturdays used to be fun

<"rant">

My apartment is surrounded by construction projects.

Literally.

Both of the adjoining lots to my little townhouse-type complex are being built upon. Not only has this caused me to leave my curtains perpetually drawn, it's also meant lots and lots and lots of noise.

Starting at 7:00 AM every day.

Including Saturdays!!!!

This morning as I lay in bed, trying to sleep, I noticed something slightly off from the usual construction noises. They were playing a radio at full blast. And not just any radio -- it was some kind of Spanish-language channel. Look, I have absolutely nothing against Spanish-speakers or whatever they want to listen to, but with the possible exception of country music, that Spanish-language folk-polka-sounding music (you KNOW what I'm talking about!) is THE MOST ANNOYING MUSIC IN THE WORLD. And it was blasting into my bedroom at 7:00 AM ON A SATURDAY!!!!!!

I really need to complain to someone. I awoke in a foul mood.

Adding to my frustration: Southern California Gas Company is retarded. You can't pay your freaking bill over the phone! You have to enroll in some "simple pay" program that you can only enroll in by mailing in your signature. Which doesn't help me one bit because my bill is due on Monday. They have an option of using some third party service to pay with your debit card, but they don't accept my bank. Of course. The woman on the phone (who I spoke to after waiting on hold for an interminable period -- interestingly, their hold muzak was actually not half bad, but it was punctuated every 7.5 seconds by a woman with an annoying voice reminding you that you were waiting for your call to be answered. Very helpful of her) was in no mood to be helpful. At least they don't have late fees :P

<"/rant">

And now, off to buy a Christmas tree!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 4, 2005 at 7:30 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Oh, c'mon. Even though I can understand only a fraction of it (guess my two semesters of Intensive Spanish - class every day and labs twice a week - didn't quite take), that music rocks. !Muy caliente! Living in LA, you'll just have to get used to it. Isn't the #1 radio station in that market a hispanic one?

As for the Gas Company, that's just plain 'tarded. Bureaucracy at its finest.

 
At December 4, 2005 at 10:40 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

I'm not talking about a sensual Portugeuse bossanova, or a heart-pounding tango, or even a fun-loving salsa song. I'm talking about that stuff that sounds vaguely like German polka music, only with even worse instruments and more obnoxious singers. I love the Spanish language, and this "music" is a bastardization of its loveliness. Yech!

Stupid gas company.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home