Tuesday, December 06, 2005

For great justice.

Well, that's that.

As of this morning, I am officially a real live lawyer. I can sign pleadings and everything. I took the oath, I turned in my information (all of which, apparently, is to be made public -- wheee!), and now I'm legit. The ceremony itself wasn't too bad. At first I balked when I saw the list of 7 speakers. Gah! Fortunately none of them took too horrifically long. Before 11 AM Pacific time, I was sworn in and ready to do the devil's work. Mwahahaha!

And, now, for our pro-lawyer joke of the [whatever]:

My loyal readers know I've written about my dad's love/hate relationship with lawyers (he hates lawyers, but he loves me) and how I take great pleasure in teasing him about the similarities between doctors and lawyers. My mom and I derive great fun from reminding him that I am a "doctor." Most recently was my visit home for Thanksgiving:

Me and Mom: [something that involves calling me "Dr."]

Dad: Yeah, well, you can't write prescriptions!

Me: Can too. I can write a prescription... FOR JUSTICE!!

I love making Mom crack up like that.

And so, off I go to prescribe justice for the citizens of the great city of Los Angeles...

Signed,
Law Fairy, Esq.

7 Comments:

At December 6, 2005 at 3:28 PM, Blogger Micah said...

I wondered why I got a chill up my spine for seemingly no reason this afternoon.

 
At December 6, 2005 at 4:14 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Psh! You know you lost your soul in law school.

 
At December 6, 2005 at 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, we're doctors. I completely forget that all the time. I should use that more.

 
At December 6, 2005 at 8:18 PM, Blogger Marissa said...

Congrats!

I got sworn in today too. Well, in NJ anyway. I still haven't submitted my NY character stuff yet. :)

 
At December 6, 2005 at 8:22 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Yes, although I officially have no reflection, I never actually took The Oath. While my collegues were engaged in a ritual that included human sacrifice, blood consumption, and golden calf worship, I was busy trying to atone for my 3 years of sin.

 
At December 7, 2005 at 4:27 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

erika -- we just don't get enough respect.

marissa -- congrats to you too! Ahhhh, the joy of character applications...

micah -- try what you must, but I think the devil has his mark on you.

 
At December 7, 2005 at 6:54 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Hmmm...that would explain the bar code on my wrist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home