Thursday, January 05, 2006

Things I noticed today

A man well past his prime wearing what appeared to be a towel wrapped around his body in a way that was supposed to approximate shorts. And nothing else. Good God, I'm glad I didn't look for long.

A white dog (some kind of shepherd?) darting into the busy morning traffic on Olympic Blvd. I was glad to see he safely made it across the street.

The "AT OIL TEMP" light flashing on my dashboard. I guess I can't put off getting my oil changed any longer. Wheee, a fun Saturday outing!

All of the holiday decorations in the office have been taken down. I guess the holidays are officially over. Sigh.

My name has finally appeared on the CalBar's website! Hooray! I have a bar number to attach to pleadings!! And now no one can doubt that I'm a real live attorney :)

Wow. I think that's my favorite one. Although I am quite glad that doggy didn't die this morning.

4 Comments:

At January 5, 2006 at 12:26 PM, Blogger Avid Diva said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

 
At January 5, 2006 at 7:49 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

The coolest part is, I already have my first "official attorney" work -- I'm going to a case management conference tomorrow morning ON MY OWN.

:-0

gus -- you know how my dad loves calling me "doctor"! :)

 
At January 8, 2006 at 9:34 AM, Blogger Micah said...

You could start going by "Doctorb" (the extra "b" is for bargain).

Congrats on being official.

Over the break back home I was having lunch with dad (mine, not yours) when the parents of one of my friends from high school came up to say hi. They asked about my future law plans and I said something to the effect that I had no interest in being a litigator. My dad's response was "really?" Guess I haven't had that I-Could-Give-Or-Take-Being-A-Lawyer chat with him yet.

 
At January 10, 2006 at 10:36 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

I remember 1L year when we had 1L moot court. One of the guys acting as opposing counsel gave me his brief, the cover of which read "Eric's Bbrief (the extra "B" is for extra brief!)" -- that still makes me laugh to this day.

Big Life conversations with Dad are never fun, in my experience. At least not with my dad :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home