Monday, August 21, 2006

When it rains, it pours

I can't describe how nice it is to have transferred to an office that is literally a five-minute drive from my apartment (that's "walking distance" for you non-LA folks). This comes in especially handy when you have a month like mine. Observe:

I only pulled one all-nighter in law school, and that wasn't until the very end of 3L year. Real Lawyer Life has popped my "sleep"over cherry much quicker -- last Wednesday night I had the pleasure of staying until 6 AM Thursday, followed by a one-hour power nap, a shower, and a back-to-work (five-minute!) commute. Good times!

I've got about two dozen substantive motions on my plate (making and opposing) from about the early-middle of this month through the middle of next month.

I'm having/I have had guests in town three out of four weekends this month -- second weekend: awesome college friend; third weekend: odderie; fourth weekend: brother and sister. Add to that my Labor Day weekend trip to Vegas and my three-day cruise the following weekend... and "sleep" has become a foreign concept to me as of late.

Really, the whole sleep thing is overrated... what I'm really worried about is (once TV season kicks into gear) having time to keep up with Lost, which is like my second religion. Dude, don't knock it till you've tried it.

4 Comments:

At August 21, 2006 at 8:19 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

darlyn, oh yeah, I got that one covered. TiVo was one of my "bare necessities" when I went about setting up my apartment. I even made sure the landlord allowed satellites because I was going to have my TV life *set*.

 
At August 22, 2006 at 7:40 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

nwsixer, dude, your secretary is WAY more full-service than mine... I would *love* to have her buy me new shirts. Especially considering the closest places from which to buy them are places like Bloomingdale's, BCBG, and Benetton :D

Cigarettes and espresso I can do, but for some reason I just can't *stand* Red Bull... probably a good thing too, it has more calories than I consume in some *meals*...

 
At August 22, 2006 at 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This explains why I haven't heard from you so much!

I don't know how it feels to pull an all-nighter for work. I feel like I'd be one cranky monkey if I had to.

 
At August 23, 2006 at 8:04 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

roonie, I KNOOOOOOWOWWW :(

I'm neglecting all of my friends (except the ones who visit me). I feel bad :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home