Monday, July 02, 2007

This post is actually important

Taking a brief break from my usual snark and cynicism.

There's a little girl in North Carolina named Emma. She's three and a half, adorable and sunny and precocious. Her mom, Jamie, was abandoned by a total louse of a husband a short while ago, but Jamie and Emma and have found comfort and strength in each other.

I'm sad to report that Emma is very, very ill. The two of them returned from a vacation and Emma was having seizures and quickly developed a fever that was unresponsive to the Tylenol and Motrin prescribed by doctors. Emma has lapsed into a coma and they're still not one hundred percent sure what is causing it, but they suspect encephalitis. They're worried that even if she recovers there may be brain damage.

I know Jamie through a friend who has asked me to pray for her, which I'm doing. I thought I would pass along her story in case any of you are the praying type. Whatever prayers or good thoughts you can send their way, I'm sure Jamie and Emma will appreciate it very much.

3 Comments:

At July 2, 2007 at 11:26 PM, Blogger Lise Johnston said...

Thoughts and prayers for the best of outcomes from Alaska.

 
At July 3, 2007 at 1:30 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Thanks, lisetiffner!

Very good news: Emma woke up this morning, and her fever is down. They're still monitoring her, but so far she's remembering important things like the names of her toys, her birthday, etc., so things look much, much better today.

Kinda cool to get such a good answer, so fast :)

 
At July 3, 2007 at 4:33 PM, Blogger Michele said...

I am so glad that things are looking up! I will keep both mother and daughter for continued good news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home