Sunday, June 26, 2005

Reason #1 I'm glad I'm moving

I'm going to start numbering these. They're not in any particular order.

Friday was the simulated MBE. Ugh. I went to the review session yesterday (well, part of it) and I'm not going today because it's just too depressing. And who wants to spend their weekend doing Bar/Bri? Anyway, after class I went over to Taste of Chicago with a couple friends, which was great because I've never been before and it was a lot of fun. Then I went home to shower and get changed, since I had plans to go out that night with some girlfriends. I opened my closet to choose my clothes...

And the sliding door was being really stubborn...

And when I finally got it open I saw why...

My closet had broken. More specifically, the single shelf (one long shelf, extending the width of the closet, meant to serve all of my hanging and folding needs) had dislodged itself from the wall and fallen, carrying all of my clothes, including the very expensive clothing, with it. A quick glance at the wall revealed that the multiple holes drilled in the wall where screws had attached the shelf had, apparently, given up the ghost. They're now big, gaping holes that are presumably too wide to support the weight of my clothing.

This is horrifically annoying. My clothes now rest in unattractive piles around my bed, which is incredibly inconvenient, especially since I'll be adding a large couch to my apartment tomorrow and anything taking up space is, well, taking up space I might need. To add insult to injury, this is the second -- yes, second -- time that this precise annoyance has visited itself on my living quarters. Only a few short months ago I was awakened to the sound of what, in my half-sleeping stupor, I feared was the end of the world. It turned out to be the shelf in my closet giving way and stubbornly refusing to do its job.

So now I have to finish cleaning my closet out and, red-faced, inform that doorman that the wall in my closet has, once again, proven itself unworthy of the work for which it was fashioned. UGH, and they might have the skeezy maintenance guy come fix it, too. Great.

I can't wait to get to Los Angeles.

2 Comments:

At June 26, 2005 at 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breach of warranty of merchantability! Breach of covenant of habitability! Constructive eviction! Rent abatement?

 
At June 26, 2005 at 4:41 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

oooooooooooooo... the last one is totally my favorite.

NERD! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home