Friday, June 17, 2005

To dance, or not to dance?

I love swing dancing.

I used to do it all the time for part of college and got halfway-decent-enough at it that I feel like I can tell people that I know how to dance. I'm not great, but I'm better than most. I haven't done a lot of dancing since I moved here, but periodically I've managed to get out for lessons or free dance nights at school or other places in town. A couple years ago at one of these dances, I met a guy who put me on a mailing list so I'm now keyed in to the local dance scene, which is great -- except that I almost never get out.

So tonight there's a dance at Grant Park, which, if it's reasonably warm outside, is walking distance from me. It's free and it will feature a 17-piece band. Which is AWESOME. Getting to dance to a live band, for FREE, is a rare treat. So, to recap: it's free. It's walking distance. It's a live band. It's a chance to meet new people and get out of the house.

But my yoga pants are so commmmmfortable!! And the TV is riiiiight here!

ARGH. I blame Bar/Bri for my laziness.

3 Comments:

At June 17, 2005 at 8:28 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Bummer! Headaches suck. Feel better!

I did end up going, and it was AWESOME. I hope they have more great bands this summer -- I'll definitely go again :)

 
At June 18, 2005 at 10:04 PM, Blogger Micah said...

When you're doing hardcore bar studying, you've really got to set aside some time for yourself. Otherwise, you'll go mad. And, in the words of one of my Barbri professors, "you can't know everything." (I think I've written that here before).

Swing dancing, huh? Too bad for you the 90s swing boom is over. Nice that there are still events to go to. Big Band music rocks. Love the stuff. And I watched Swingers this weekend. I'm so money.

 
At June 19, 2005 at 12:52 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

The swing boom is never over!! Ha! Totally money.

I'm all about setting aside me-time during the bar. Or maybe what I should say is, I try to set aside bar-time while I'm enjoying my summer. Teehee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home