Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sigh....

I meant to get a lot of work done today, I really did. Yesterday, I told myself, was the slack-off day. My parents were in town and I had spent the night at my aunt and uncle's house, and in the morning I went with my mom and aunt to Bittersweet (oh my god. Best pastries in Chicago. Period.) and Trader Joe's. Which meant I was ignoring my diet for the third day in a row (I'm allowed, it's graduation weekend!). And since Mom and Dad were only in town for two days I certainly wasn't going to spend my last afternoon with them studying. So I fell farther behind in the becoming-way-too-busy Paced Program.

So today was supposed to be catch-up day.

First I slept in until about 11. I'm not feeling guilty for this one, since I didn't get much sleep this weekend and I've been waking up at 5:30-6 every morning the past week. But even after sleeping in so late, I didn't have enough energy to go to the gym. S'ok, I should focus on studying anyway. Except I barely got any studying done at all. Did a few contracts and torts problems, but that's about it. I still have a load of practice questions to finish, in addition to essays I need to start writing to turn in for grading. Oy, looks like a busy week for LF.

So, in an attempt not to hyperventilate, I've been looking for Los Angeles apartments and things look good so far. I may actually be able to get a decent place with plenty of living space in a good area, for a price within my budget. Score! Now if only my firm would tell me whether I'm working downtown or on the west side...

As another graduation present to myself (I intend to MILK that excuse for all it's worth!) I'm thinking of buying a new navel ring. For those not in the know, I got my navel pierced to go with my Halloween costume (a belly dancer) last year. I've had the same cuved barbell in it ever since, but I think I'd like to try something new. I'm going to stick with shopping at the place I got the piercing done, since if I buy from them they put it in for me for free, which is good since I'm scared shitless of trying to change it myself. I'd love to get this one, but I think it will have to wait until I actually have a salary. I think I've narrowed it down to this pretty dangly one and this one. I also love this one, but I don't think they have it in white gold. And I just don't do yellow gold. Opinions are more than welcome.

And now back to torts.

3 Comments:

At June 12, 2005 at 9:42 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Bling bling! I vote for belly ring #2. Personally, I wouldn't opt for a daisy, but on a girl it'd look cute.

Pace program? Yeah, that lasted about a day for me. Therefore, you better do it!

 
At June 13, 2005 at 4:18 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Hmmm... I think daisies can look nice on men, actually ;)

The barbri assignements really didn't seem bad at first -- but then they started getting worse and worse and WORSE. I can't afford to fall any further behind, which sucks. I like sleeping. I'm gonna miss it.

 
At June 13, 2005 at 8:15 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Yeah, if the man in question is Robert Smith.

Stick with the barbri. It'll pay off in the end. Is your job conditioned on passing the bar the first time? If not, then enjoy the free pass. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home