Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My new favorite website

Is YouTube.

The idiot programming execs over at ABC didn't bother scheduling in time for the post-game show on Sunday, even though they insisted on airing it (look, I like football more than the average girl -- but when the game's over, it's over. Rehashing it seconds after it's happened is really just kind of dumb, and boring). I get that sometimes stuff is programmed that I don't like watching. But if you're planning to air the show, schedule it onto the freaking program guide!! ABC decided not to do this. It scheduled Grey's Anatomy, a fantastic show, to start right after the Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl ended at 7, as planned.

Grey's Anatomy didn't start until 7:30, half an hour behind schedule.

No one bothered telling my TiVo!!

I couldn't very well shoo my Super Bowl guests so I could watch my show. I figured good ol' TiVo had it covered. And he would have, if not for ABC's incompetence.

After discovering this last night when I tried to watch the episode, which cut out halfway through, I turned to the internet in desperation. Google revealed bupkus. I stooped to downloading KaZaA, something that pained me beyond description. Yet even the P2P service of questionable legality afforded me no GA enjoyment. What was I to do?!

In walks YouTube to save the day. And now, instead of a cliffhanger ending in the middle of the episode, I get the intended cliffhanger at the end. Hooray!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 8, 2006 at 3:32 AM, Blogger CM said...

I hate that! I'm with you on post-game wrapups. How many times can you hear the players say, "They're a really great team, and we had to work hard to beat them"?

 
At February 8, 2006 at 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're rerunning the episode tomorrow night.

 
At February 8, 2006 at 4:48 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

cm -- *seriously*. I love Ellen's send-up of the ridiculous post-game interviews: "There's no 'I' in 'team.' Although there is a 'me.'"

anon -- thanks for the heads-up! At least they're trying to make up for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home