Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The joy of SoCal life

I can generally deal with traffic. Really, I can. Sure, it's annoying when there are too many cars for anyone to move very quickly, but at least then we're all in the same boat. When it's just too crowded to move, no one's to blame.

But what I really hate, what *really* burns me, is when people could easily, legally, safely go faster... and they don't!!!!!!

Adding insult to injury, these people always, *always* box me in. They go exactly as fast as the moron next to them (next to them is not always a moron. Sometimes it is just crowded in the adjoining lane) and don't get the picture when you weave in and out of the lane behind them. Safely. I mean, change lanes in a very safe but obviously impatient manner. Yup, very safe and legal.

On such an occasion, why not get the hell over???!?!?!?!?!?!

I mean, besides having some sick desire to drive people like me to psychotic paroxyms of irritation.

I still think Hyde Park (Chicago) drivers are the worst on the planet. But there are some *bad* LA drivers who would get along quite well with them.

Maybe I should take up boxing.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At January 25, 2006 at 2:24 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Or buy a gun.

 
At January 25, 2006 at 3:17 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Hmmmm...

I was going more for the "blowing-off-steam" angle, but your solution might be more practical. Also a bit more illegal. Hum.

 
At January 25, 2006 at 4:46 PM, Blogger Micah said...

You can use a gun to blow off steam. Hell, after a grueling day at work, all I can think about is killing a hobo (although, I prefer strangulation to firearms). The principle's the same.

 
At January 25, 2006 at 7:17 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

I dunno. To me a gun is more practical. Shooting is so impersonal -- really the only reason to use it is if you need to get something done quick and easy. When I'm really pissed off -- nothing helps like hitting and kicking, and feeling my fist or my foot make *contact* with the current embodiment of evil.

Mmmmmmmm-mmmmm!

 
At January 25, 2006 at 7:30 PM, Blogger Micah said...

That's why I like to strangle - you can just feel the hobo's life fading away in your hands. I'll stop there before you think I'm weird.

 
At January 25, 2006 at 10:34 PM, Blogger Avid Diva said...

Watch out for CA road ragers.

 
At January 26, 2006 at 9:35 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

micah -- mmmmmmm strangling hobos....

odderie -- don't I know it! What with my recent car accident and the latte incident, I know that CA drivers are a force to be reckoned with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home