Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spring cleaning

My life is a mess.

Meaning literally. Not figuratively.

Old mail and other papers (hopefully none of it important) is strewn all over my apartment. On my computer desk, on the hall table, on the kitchen counter, on my vanity, on my nightstand. Clean laundry folded but not properly put away. Dirty laundry just sitting there, and me too lazy to get off my ass and clean it. Random bits of dirt in the carpet (don't even want to THINK how long it's been since I vacuumed). Clothes that won't fit in my closet (and a closet with a broken bar for hanging clothes). A. Mess.

So for probably the first time ever, I'm really, REALLY motivated to clean. Not just the, make-everything-shiny-and-hide-the-shit-you-can't-get-rid-of clean. Actual, go-through-my-stuff-and-really-get-rid-of-the-shit-I-don't-need clean. I'm really gonna do it.

To motivate myself, I've taken "before" photos of everything ("after" photos to be taken later). If I'm feeling brave, I might post them after this weeks-long ordeal is finished. For now, leave it to your imaginations what a pigsty my apartment must be.

As part of my "cleaning" I'm also trying to "clean up" physically. Since law school I really let myself go... gained some weight, exercised less and less, started eating crap again. Well, no more. I'm going to try to get to the gym for at least a half an hour, at least four times a week. So far I'm ahead for this week, but the real question is whether I can keep this motivation going long enough to get in shape for binikni season*!

*Yes, binikni. It's the latest trend, see:

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At April 11, 2007 at 10:27 PM, Blogger Lise Johnston said...

Join the club, with spring sunshine coming in my windows I have really felt like a blob lately. The house clutter which made my house seem like a nice cave before is now gathering dust and starting to bug me. And my interview suit, well it's a good thing I'm currently employed, because it's going to take me the next month or two to fit into it.

 
At April 12, 2007 at 12:44 AM, Blogger Gino said...

i de-clutter every weekend. it still dont do much good.
and folded clothes are still stacked atop the dresser, but at least they are folded, cept for work clothes. (only so much you can do with a pile of tshirts,jeans and 'boot'sox)
vacuum is a must, with three cats who like paper.
but just where does all this junk mail come from?
and all these play mice makes the place look like a scene from 'Willard'.

getting in shape???
you mean you dont really look as cute as your picture?

 
At April 12, 2007 at 2:48 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

liset, good luck to both of us!

gino, sorry to burst your bubble. I have probably a good twenty pounds on my avatar.

However, thanks to my otherwise cursed pear shape, a six-pack is a legitimate possibility for me, and I intend to get one.

 
At April 12, 2007 at 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty neat and keep everything in order. Each item has its own designated drawer. I can't relate to you on this issue.

" However, thanks to my otherwise cursed pear shape, a six-pack is a legitimate possibility for me, and I intend to get one."

I had an eight pack. Used to do about 900 sit ups each day. :P I'm not kidding LF.

 
At April 13, 2007 at 12:49 AM, Blogger Gino said...

Lawfairy:
not talkin bout your avatar.
but you.
yer cute!

i had a six pack once.
several of them.
even some 12 packs. ;)

 
At April 14, 2007 at 11:31 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

knights, geez. I try to do around 200 a day. But 900... my stomach hurts just thinking about it.

gino, hmmmm. If my RL identity is that easy to figure out... I better be sure not to post about work! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home