Friday, July 01, 2005

The beginning of the end

I've heard it said that July 4th weekend is when it really kicks in. That's when you realize, the Bar is only a few short weeks away and start actually doing the work you've been putting off thus far. This sounds good to me -- I'm going away for the weekend to attend a small family reunion, but I plan to bring some work with me, as I'm sure I'll need a break from the constant flow of people.

So this morning, I wake up a bit later than usual and decide:

I don't think I'll go to class today.

Yup. Just decided to skip. It's just an essay workshop, so it's not like I'm missing anything substantive. I have to admit, though, it does make me feel a little guilty. Like, this is supposed to be the weekend I get into working, hard core. And what do I do? I commence the weekend by slacking. Sigh.

At least I'm taking the train to Michigan, rather than driving -- I can try to do some multiple choice questions and/or essay outlines on the way up. That will make me feel a little better, I think.

And, anyway, it's a holiday weekend. They don't really expect people to do a lot of work on a holiday weekend. Right?

Right?

1 Comments:

At July 1, 2005 at 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the same thing last Wednesday. And today I left early. Soooooo tired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home