Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Real life is hard!

Which is why this will be a short post.

Thus far I don't have much actual work, and I therefore haven't been billing very many actual hours. I am, however, at the office/away from home for what seems like endless amounts of time (this, inevitably, will only get worse as the days get shorter and the workload gets heavier). In addition, "next year's" billing cycle starts on Saturday (meaning, for all practical purposes, Monday), so I have to start working a lot more, very soon, unless I want to give up numerous weekends and/or vacation time. Which I really kind of don't.

I really like my firm, though, which is good. They ended up not putting me in the office I want, which was a bummer, but I'm still happy where I am -- and there's always the possibility of moving to the other office, down the road. The toughest thing is getting to bed before midnight. I'm really not used to these hours. I mean, I can do them -- it's just taking some getting used to.

This weekend will hopefully see me finally completing my straightening-up work of the apartment. Perhaps once it's neat and tidy I'll feel more relaxed when I come home, which will make [falling asleep in front of the TV that much less guilt-inducing.] it easier to then go out and tutor needy children while building homes with Habitat for Humanity. And then perhaps I'll clear my head enough to write some substantive posts that involve more than a rote log entry of my unexciting-as-of-late life.

2 Comments:

At October 2, 2005 at 6:00 PM, Blogger Micah said...

I WARNED YOU!!! Okay, maybe I didn't, but I remember telling all of my eager-beaver friends who went directly from undergrad to law school that were just itching to get out that the Real World sucks. Why do you think I went to law school after working for 3 years?

Bet you want to get that LLM now.

 
At October 2, 2005 at 10:32 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Mmmmmmmmm, LLM....

Actually, I'm thinking about looking into Ph.D. programs -- seriously.

Was I itching to get into the Real World when I started law school? I seriously can't remember that far back. All the binge drinking has killed most of my memory brain cells.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home