Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ta-da!

I finally found some working batteries for my camera!

But then I found that I'm technologically inept, and since Picasa does my picture hosting I can only post one (unless someone has some very non-technical, non-complicated way of doing more). Anyway, I think this one shows off the hair best, even though you can't see much of my face (probably a good thing, since I'm really not photogenic).


Notice the moving boxes in the background. See, I've been getting some work done. Posted by Picasa

For anyone wishing to follow in my bold footsteps (or not-so-bold; they also do good hair for "normal" people), I got it done at Charles Ifergan in Chicago. Jason's my colorist. They're a great salon and once you've visited them at least once, you can book your appointments online, which kicks ass.

On an unrelated note, is it just me or has Chicago suddenly turned into Hell? Seriously, I can't walk a block without breaking a sweat. It's not that it's horribly hot (I've definitely felt it hotter), but it's Humid. Ick. I can't wait to live in the desert, even if the water's expensive. I wouldn't mind too much if not for the fact that humidity bloats me (I could barely squeeze into my skirt today) and ruins my makeup, if I have the patience to try and put it on (which I didn't today). It also makes me feel dirty, even if I just showered. Blech.

Adding to the ickiness is the current state of my apartment. That is to say, it's a good thing I'm not obese, because I literally couldn't maneuver around all the boxes and awkwardly-positioned furniture if I was. And I'm still only, like, maybe halfway packed. I'll only be home a total of two days or so between now and my moving day. Ah well. It has to be done, so it will get done somehow, I suppose. Anyway, I leave for the first leg of my three-country* vacation tour tomorrow, so what do I care? Time to spend money I don't have!!

* I'm counting the United States as a country, which is totally legit.

6 Comments:

At August 4, 2005 at 5:47 PM, Blogger cg-c said...

Totally dig the color.

I have to say that as much as I miss Chicago, I don't miss the humidity or the heat. Since moving to LA I've become a heat wuss. I nearly melted last weekend in Vegas - was very very very glad to get back to LA.

 
At August 4, 2005 at 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink = hot.

And the weather in Boston was beautiful today. :)

 
At August 5, 2005 at 6:30 AM, Blogger Micah said...

Lookin' good.

I spent two weeks in Hilton Head, SC. Talk about humid. You don't so much as walk as you swim there.

And in two weeks I'll be in Vegas. It's always fun to hear the pilot say "the local temperature is 189 degrees" upon touchdown.

(You can host multiple pics at Photobucket and/or Pix8.)

 
At August 5, 2005 at 9:11 PM, Blogger Marissa said...

The color looks great. :)

As far as pictures, I think Blogger now lets you upload more than one straight from the posting page, without using Picasa or Hello. Recently I've just been using the image button on the toolbar.

 
At August 7, 2005 at 9:02 PM, Blogger lakhawk said...

Wow - love it. You're so adventurous!

 
At August 10, 2005 at 7:24 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Hehe, thanks guys. Having pink hair is fun -- but I think it's already starting to fade a little :(

Thanks for the multi-photo tips. When I have a little time I'll give it a try, hopefully with photos from Puerto Rico and London :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home