Sunday, July 17, 2005

A new home

Well, I'm sure you'll all be relieved to know that my quest to find an apartment, though it kept me from the internet for a few days, was successful! I've signed a lease and put down a deposit on a nice one-bedroom in Westwood (West Los Angeles -- a fantastic area) -- and the best part is, they allow pets, so if and when I finally find the chihuahua who steals my heart, the terms of my lease won't stand between us.

I once again got to experience the joy of flying, including a cancellation that almost landed me in Las Vegas for a night (on the one hand, not a bad place to be -- on the other, they wouldn't have put me up anywhere decent and I would have had to fly through Phoenix the next day and possibly miss dinner with Mom, which I'd been looking forward to for weeks), followed by a flight to Denver rather than Colorado Springs and my bumming a ride into town from complete strangers. Adding insult to my family's collective injury, the exact same airline this very evening also cancelled the exact same flight, which my father was planning to take this afternoon. He wasn't as lucky as me and is stuck in Vegas until tomorrow evening, and I don't get to open my birthday presents until he gets home, dammit. Ahhhh, air travel in the age of terrorism!

So, sorry for the sparse posting as of late. For those tallying my bar practice exams, I got my last three emailed to me this weekend. They were taking a frightening downward turn until the last one. Apparently I don't know shit about corporations and my proposed mall curfew policy isn't identical to the one the grader would have proposed, so I lose points. Man, gotta love a curve that grades you based on your idea of good parenting skills.

Please, God, let me pass the bar! I promise I'm going back to church soon!

5 Comments:

At July 18, 2005 at 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a deflated grade on the curfew thing too, which was right about when I quit doing the graded essays. Barbri's grading methodology isn't even worth the energy required to ponder WTF they're thinking.

Anyways, corporations is supposed to be an unlikely topic on this bar. A buddy in SF sent me the predictions from the last essay workshop:

Crim Pro: likely to appear by itself
Civ Pro: likely to appear
Evidence: likely to appear
Torts: likely to appear
Comm Prop: likely to appear
PR: likely to appear
Remedies: will appear in a crossover
Wills: more likely than not
Con Law: "wobbler"
Contracts: "wobbler"
Trusts: not likely
Corporations: not likely
Property: not likely

 
At July 18, 2005 at 8:43 AM, Blogger Marissa said...

Congratulations on finding an apartment! That must be a HUGE relief right now, and it's definitely nice to have one less thing to worry about! :)

 
At July 19, 2005 at 6:47 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

jca -- ooooo thanks. I'm glad SOMEone paid attention at that last workshop, hahahaha.

marissa -- thanks! It IS a HUGE HUGE HUGE relief, I'm so glad to be done worrying about finding a place. You'll have to visit me in LA now! :)

 
At July 20, 2005 at 6:40 AM, Blogger Micah said...

Just don't put all your eggs in that basket. Both BARBRI and PMBR told us that it was quite unlikely that they'd test on water rights on the OH bar. Therefore, each class spent only a few minutes on that topic. So what was our property essay about? Water rights. EVERYONE was pissed.

 
At July 23, 2005 at 1:17 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Micah, I'm actually HOPING that Bar/Bri is a bit off its rocker; some of its "comments" on my practice essays just pissed me off, because they were just plain wrong. I also don't get their delineations between a "65" and a "70," etc. It seems very arbitrary. Which, now that I think of it, describes our entire judicial system.

Great. Now I'm slouching in metaphysical world-pity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home