Thursday, March 30, 2006

I've never liked Pepsi

And my taste-based preference proves itself right on another, unexpected level: Pepsi is run by a bunch of whiners.

In my opinion, the people who actually care about performance out of their sports drink (versus using it a simple hangover cure) probably know enough to know more calories are generally better as far as hard-core performance goes.

For those of us looking to just cut calories, though, it's pretty convincing. I mean, more calories makes you gain weight -- so it's not so terribly misleading as Pepsi would have you believe. I think Pepsi's sore now that it realizes the Amish make for better commercials than Britney Spears.

And anyway, sports drinks taste nasty. I prefer unsweetened iced tea, personally.

5 Comments:

At March 31, 2006 at 9:12 AM, Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Tea is my favorite too but I still enjoy Diet Pepsi. Not as a performance drink but just to drink with Taco Bell. I like the bite.

 
At March 31, 2006 at 10:25 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

darth, have you had the new Crunchwrap Supreme? Oh my God, it's heaven in a tortilla. I call it CrunchTastic, because I love making up funny-sounding words.

A soda/Mexican combo I love is Dr. Pepper w/ Jack in the Box tacos. There's something about the way the melted cheese embraces the meatlike substance wrapped in the sopping-with-fat taco shell. Mmmmm I can feel my arteries clogging just thinking about it...

 
At March 31, 2006 at 8:07 PM, Blogger spydrz said...

The only Pepsi product I'll touch is Dr Pepper...

 
At March 31, 2006 at 8:40 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Spydrz, I see you have good taste.

 
At April 2, 2006 at 12:32 AM, Blogger DarthImmortal said...

The Crunchwrap is heavenly!!! I still like tostadas; and a Crunchwrap is just a wrapped tostada with more stuff in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home