Saturday, April 01, 2006

I suppose that's one description of customer service...

Am I the only one who thinks it odd that the pre-recorded voice when you're on hold reminds you that all available representatives are "servicing" other customers?? Whatever happened to less is more? I would think "serving" or even "assisting" would work just as well, and it doesn't imply that you run a whorehouse.

Then again, we are talking about corporate America here. Good to know they're honest about something.

4 Comments:

At April 4, 2006 at 9:00 PM, Blogger mythago said...

No, believe me, it's not just you. :)

 
At April 5, 2006 at 2:14 PM, Blogger DarthImmortal said...

I also hate the "For your convenience" lie. It’s never for my convenience’ it’s always for their convenience.

 
At April 8, 2006 at 8:37 PM, Blogger Avatar said...

I never though of it that way, and you're right: the customers are being serviced, whether or not they want to be.

Another thing I can't stand is when they chirp cheerfully "We appreciate your call!".

Bullsh*t.

 
At April 10, 2006 at 10:11 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

And another thing: the maybe two of them who occasionally have decent music (I think one time I caught my credit card company playing Billie Jean) inevitably interrupt it with a LOUD voice reminding us we're about to be serviced. It's like the imbalance between TV shows and commercials -- you have to turn it all the way the hell up to hear the show, and then the commercial blows your eardrums.

I hate corporate America.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home