Sunday, June 19, 2005

Gasp!!

Vince Vaughn lives in my building.

I shit you not. After my Star Wars nerdfest last month I went back to my building to change, then waited for some friends to pick me up to head to a bar. As I stood in my building's lobby waiting for them, I heard a vaguely familiar voice behind me, but didn't give it too much thought. Three seconds later, a tall and VERY familiar-looking person walks right by me. My response is to stare at him, slack-jawed, as he walks down the hall and out of the lobby. I turned to my doorman and half-whispered "That was Vince Vaughn!!" The doorman gave a friendly nod, clearly unimpressed. "Oh my GOD!" I think the doorman thinks I'm crazy. Or else he is just way way cooler than me.

Obviously, this alone does not prove it. But the five hundred people I told this story to ventured a guess that the movie star-neighbor theory might explain my random celebrity sighting. I entertained it as a fun possibility, but not much more.

This afternoon I walked down to Fox & Obel, one of the yummiest places on earth and conveniently a mere block from my building, and on my way back, with bags in my hand, unkempt hair, and my glasses (albeit, they are sexy librarian glasses -- but when I'm trying to look good I tend to opt for contacts) -- and no makeup -- who do I spy walking in the opposite direction but, apparently, my newest neighbor?

And just so that I don't appear to be jumping to conclusions, there are, essentially, two things east of Fox & Obel on my street: my building, and Navy Pier. And my good buddy Vince wasn't dressed for Navy Pier.

Now I just need to find out his apartment number so I can stalk, er, deliver a welcome basket to him.

(Yeah, the lesbian thing didn't last long this time).

Labels:

4 Comments:

At June 19, 2005 at 9:23 PM, Blogger Micah said...

When you see him, try not to blurt out, "Dude, you were in the Psycho remake! What were you thinking?"

And this: "when I'm trying to look good I tend to opt for contacts"

Tsk tsk. I don't know what you look like (other than the cartoon caricatures on your blog), but I'd vote to leave your glasses on. Of course, I've got a Dirty Librarian fetish, so it may just be me.

Who knows. Maybe Vince shares my peculiarities.

 
At June 20, 2005 at 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a guy who creepily resembles Vince Vaughn in my bar review class. Maybe he just has lots of doppelgangers.

 
At June 20, 2005 at 4:45 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

micah -- no worries there. Whenever I see him I kind of go slack jawed... I doubt I could even muster the thought to criticize his career choices, let alone the gumption. The glasses are fun, but there are definitely situations where it's better to go sans glasses, imho. PLUS, if I wore them all the time, well, they just wouldn't be special :)

jca -- nope. I've got the one and only. I've heard him TALK. I had a big fat crush on him for years in high school, during which I made a point of memorizing everything about him. It's definitely him. Anyway, I have a highly effective Stardar (rivaled only by my equally attuned gaydar and ringdar).

 
At June 21, 2005 at 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that makes sense b/c he is in chicago filming a new movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home