Saturday, May 21, 2005

Darth Vader is a DREAMBOAT

I'm in love with an evil ruler in a galaxy far, far away. I can't help it. He's just so pretty and tortured. He needs the love of a good woman (Padme clearly wasn't the right one for him). I would so draw him back from the Dark Side. Sigh...

I discovered this new love at the big Star Wars get-together I posted about not too long ago. In the last movie, a lot of critics disregarded his performance as "whiny" (unfairly, since George Lucas wrote the character to be whiny -- so the performance was actually quite a good one). Most seem to be satisfied with his transformation in this one, however. I have to concur. The entire movie was fantastic -- the horrendous "romantic" dialogue notwithstanding (actual gem from the movie: Anakin: "You are so beautiful." Padme: "Only because I'm so in love." Anakin: "No, it's because I'm so in love with you." Padme: "Are you saying love has blinded you?" The audience actually laughed out loud at that exchange). The movie finally ties the Star Wars universe together, though, and beautifully sets the stage for Episode IV (or as some call it, "Star Wars"). In addition to the fact that's it's an independently good movie, its tragic protagonist-turned-antagonist is easily the sexiest villain this side of Julie Newmar's Catwoman.

In addition, Hayden Christensen and I have a LOT in common. For instance, we were both born in 1981. Shocking! An even eerier coincidence: Hayden is Canadian. While I am not Canadian, my mother is -- and I suspect his is as well. Lastly, and most important: he has a home in Los Angeles. In a few months I, too, will have a home in Los Angeles. My God. It's a match made in heaven.


Yum Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

At May 23, 2005 at 6:49 AM, Blogger Micah said...

He was really good in Shattered Glass - have you seen that? Definitely give it a rental or catch it on HBO, which has been playing it a lot lately.

 
At May 23, 2005 at 8:52 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

I loved Shattered Glass -- I'll need to add it to my collection next time I make it to Best Buy.

I just added The Virgin Suicides to my queue, so I'm not too far from a second dose!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home