Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Sweet release

That's all, folks!

Yesterday late afternoon I emailed my professor my last law school paper, ever. All that now stands between me and graduation is a couple of exams. Psh! Exams! Worrying over exams is for non-3Ls.

I haven't read for, let alone attended, class very much the last couple weeks. This is actually pretty strange to me, as both in college and in my first two and a half years of law school I only rarely missed a class. And yet I don't fear exams. I'm sure I'll pass -- I'll make sure to study enough for that. The thing is, I used to care about grades, and now I just don't. Incredible how much easier life is when you stop caring about petty things like grades. Man, I thought this quarter was supposed to be awesome; I was wrong. This week is awesome.

And now I'm going to drink and fall asleep.

2 Comments:

At May 18, 2005 at 8:21 PM, Blogger Micah said...

Congratulations! Bet it feels good.

I was sort of the opposite of you. I really slacked off in undergrad and then actually applied myself in law school (went to class, read, etc.). I swear, if I had my LS study habits in undergrad, I would've made Dean's List - and been able to have gone to a better law school. I read more in my first semester of 1L than all of undergrad. Oh, well. Live and learn. And then forget it all after the exam.

 
At May 21, 2005 at 8:14 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Thanks! It does feel nice, though now I find myself unable to muster enough anxiety to actually study for my exams on Monday and Wednesday. Ah well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home