Monday, July 17, 2006

Victory is mine!

So apparently I'm getting the transfer to the office I've wanted since, well, since before they let me know they'd decided to install me elsewhere. Hooray! I'll finally have a commute that takes less than 40 minutes, and I'll get to do work I'm really interested in!!

*So* psyched. As a picture of how rockin' awesome my firm is, when I talked to the practice group leader about transferring, he was incredibly encouraging and said that if that's what made me happy, that was fine with him, because he wants happy associates.

:D

I am *so* feelin' the happy.

7 Comments:

At July 17, 2006 at 12:35 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Congratulations! That's great news. Doing work that one really likes/believes in really makes the work week more tolerable!

 
At July 17, 2006 at 1:06 PM, Blogger Avid Diva said...

Yayayay! Congratulations!!

 
At July 17, 2006 at 1:41 PM, Blogger DarthImmortal said...

I am so happy for you!

Well your moving on up.......(Jefferson's Theme)

 
At July 17, 2006 at 2:00 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Thank you!!!!!

:D

(darth, now I've got that damn song stuck in my head!)

 
At July 17, 2006 at 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY YAY WHOO HOO AND YAY!

Hey, in your post, you linked to a post you'd made in your early days as an associate. I'd really really love to hear a "year in review" from you. It seems you've come a really long way, and I'd like to hear your take on your progression. I mean, then (in the comments) you said you'd been looking into Ph.D. programs. How do you feel about law and your position in the legal field now and as a professional now, almost a full year after the bar exam?

I dunno. I just wanna pick your brain ;)

 
At July 17, 2006 at 5:18 PM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Aww, thanks Roonie!

That's actually a really good idea. I'll try and find time to sit down sometime soon and collect my thoughts -- crazy to think that in a few months I'll actually be considered a second-year attorney. Wha?? Some days I still feel like I'm in freakin' COLLEGE.

 
At July 18, 2006 at 9:41 AM, Blogger Law Fairy said...

Thanks!

No, not London -- I'll still be in LA, but we have two offices here -- and now I'll be in the one a) closest to my apartment and b) that does trademark and copyright work. Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home